Friday, July 06, 2007

More politics

So. Bush commuted Libby's sentence. You should watch this. Please. It's about 10 minutes long. He says it better than I ever could.

After you watch it? Visit here, and write to the people that represent you in Congress. I did. In Washington State, they're all Dems so maybe they'll be more interested in listening. I've included the text of my letter to Senator Murray below. If you like it, feel free to copy it. Although you might want to take out the first bit of the last paragraph if you live in the US.

"Dear Senator Murray,

I've selected the topic above, because I believe it to be the closest option offered to what I'm writing you about. I do need your help with a Federal Agency, and it is one that I don't believe I've had any control over or say in as an American citizen since the year 2000.

I need your help with the Executive Branch of the Federal Government. I need your help to impeach President Bush and Vice President Cheney.

I can't do this by myself and you, along with your colleagues in the Senate and House of Representatives, are the only people who can help me do it. You are my voice in the government, and I am asking you, please, raise your voice. President George W. Bush and his government, with the pardoning of Lewis 'Scooter' Libby, have finally passed a point which they cannot return from.

They lied to us about Saddam Hussein's connection to the tragic events of 9/11. They lied to us to drag us into what has always appeared to me to be the beginning of an endless conflict in the Middle East. They've destroyed any respect our country holds in the eyes of the world, painting us as bullies and liars who are willing to do anything to get out way. They refuse to act on global warming and environmental protection, destroying my country for my children and grandchildren. And with 'Scooter' Libby's pardon, they have definitively said that what the American people think about American laws does not matter.

The address I have provided with this form is my voting address. As an American living abroad, I feel that what little ability I have as a citizen to influence my government is further diluted by distance. Please help me. Please help the American people throw off an administration that has clearly proven it does not have our best interests in mind. We need your help. I need your help. I hope that as the voice of your people, you will be willing to speak for me.

Yours Sincerely,
Brooke A. Balza"

It is absolutely our responsibility to do something, and if we don't no one will. Stand up and demand to be counted.

p.s. I had a long post about screwed up knitting planned. Isn't this better? ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home