Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Gotta knit a little more...

I think that the knitting bug has well and truely bitten, as I've now moved off socks and onto the 'hard stuff' - in addiction, cost, and difficulty level!

I decided to make my first actual garment, that will require me to actually care about my gauge and mistakes. I'm making this:


Askew, from the new Summer 2007 Knitty.

I'm very, very, excited. Me being me, of course, I'm using a totally different yarn (the only info I can find about it is that it's a Rowan Classic blend with 50% merino and 50% wool, which used to be on the GetKnitted website), and I've also changed the straps because I thought that they looked too big when I was staring at them. The yarn is fantastic, and I'm definitely going to have to work more with silk/silk blends in the future...possibly for this. Which may or may not be next, depending on how Askew goes.

I would show you a picture of my beautiful yarn, and the half (YES! HALF!) of the top that I've finished but...my camera is still sulking, for what reason no one can tell, and still isn't working. However, I'm going to have to bring the top into work to block (oh, the good things about working in small offices. All those bizarre behaviour patterns are just, you know, normal!) as I have No Room in my tiny, tiny studio flat. Also? The ancient hoover just isn't up to cleaning the floor properly, so that's out, and Matt might get a tad bit pissy if he has to sleep on a wet bed due to knitting. So what this means is that I might be able to take a picture of it with my work camera so that all of you can revel in the beauty that it will be.

Well, as long as I've done the evil maths right, and it actually fits, and doesn't fall apart, and, and...many things. Aren't you So Excited?? I know I am.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home