Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Insert the sound of my head thumping into my desk here

Jobs are difficult. You have one that you hate, where your boss makes you do stupid pointless things all the time and you're always really stressed out and busy, and you complain. You have one that you hate, where you barely do anything but the things you have to do are spaced out at exactly the right interval to provide maximum stress and irritation, and you complain.

Right now, I have a job. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I worry that I'm not doing something right because I seem to accomplish most of what I need to do in my days in about an hour, and think that can't be right. I spend whole days reading knitting blogs, or looking at cute puppies, but rarely doing anything of substance.

I'd love to have a job that I enjoyed, that engaged me, and where I felt like I was making a difference. The older I get, the more I feel like that's some sort of pipe-dream that will never happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home