Monday, June 04, 2007

Heatwave a-comin'

This Saturday it was warm enough, at 11 p.m. that when I walked from Borough to Russell Square (it takes about an hour) in a tank top and summer skirt, I was still sweating. This does not bode well for the temperatures over the summer. London becomes a scary place, full of not-sufficently-clothed fat people and german tourists wearing socks with sandels, in the summer.

In other news, I have learned some knitty lessons.

Knitty lesson 1: It helps to make both the socks the same length. Really, it does. That way, you aren't forced to use them as funky hand-puppets.

Knitty lesson 2: Really stripy yarn is not good for fancy lace patterns. Use something that's all the same colour, or solid.

I'd show you a picture of my wonderful Fibretrends Leaf Lace socks, but my camera has decided to pack it in and head for the border.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home