Monday, July 02, 2007

Chocolatey but burning

Matt and I met up with several of my friends last Friday for drinks as it had been my birthday. We met up off Carnaby Street, and had planned to go from there.

The only problem is, and this is something I seem to magically forget every time I'm putting together a night out, is that...well...Matt and I don't really go out that much. In the year (!!!) that we've lived in London now, we have been to a total of two nightclubs. And that includes the new nightclub that we went to on Friday. We know of one good bar, and several more good pubs, but we don't really know any particularly wonderful places to go. So we just sort of wander from place to place, and end up in dives or crappy bars.

However, on Friday I had a blast. Simply because of the company. All of my girlfriends (yes, the two of them) couldn't come, one of my actor friends was on tour as were our friends that were his drinking buddies, but almost all my dnd group made it and so did one of my old re-enactment friends. And it was fantastic. It's been quite some time since I've really done anything for my birthday, as Matt and I kept moving and not knowing anyone, and it was great to go out with people I liked and drink strange drinks - like the cocktail I had with chocolate and tabasco sauce. Thanks for coming guys!

2 Comments:

Blogger SteakGirl said...

Happy belated birthday!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Auglaise said...

Thank you!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home