Monday, September 03, 2007

Gonna be a bright, bright sunshiney day

I woke up slightly before my alarm this morning. For most people, this might not be unusual. After all, when your alarms always goes off at the same time every day you start just waking up then. However due to the earlier presence and now absence of the alien in my throat, this is something that hasn't happened to me. At least in the last year or so.

For the last few months especially, I have been tired. Not the kind of tired that a few extra hours of sleep on the weekend can cure either. Tired like you haven't slept in three days, and you've been out dancing every night, and you think that if you have to stay awake and try to function any more you might actually fall over dead because you just can't do it. So life has involved a lot of me making excuses to friends because I just don't have the energy to meet up for a coffee, or a chat, or go to my Saturday dnd sessions. And it sucks ass.

Waking up today, I felt...okay. I felt awake, as you should do after a good night's sleep. I didn't feel like getting out of bed was trying to extract myself from the stickiest substance available. And I remembered that this was what waking up in the morning used to be like. It didn't used to be a struggle of epic proportions to wake up early enough to take a shower, make my lunch, and have breakfast. I used to have the energy to meet up with people, and maybe do some exercise (if I was feeling really ambitious), and not walk through my day missing things because my brain just wasn't functioning properly.

I miss this. It feels fragile, like it's going to disappear any second. And I don't want to go back to the bone-numbing tiredness. I don't know what to do.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Grey Matter Escapades said...

Hopefully your thyroid levels are finally stabilizing! One of the biggest symptoms I've always had when adjusting has been tiredness. I recently went up a level due to my parasitic infection, and the first thing to change was my energy levels and tiredness. I hope that's what's happening for you because then it'll stay that way! Mwah <3

3:23 PM  
Blogger Kasia said...

thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog! I am so sorry about your thyroid levels: both my husband and one of my best friends have to deal with that, so I can feel your pain! I hope that soon tiredness will leave you alone and you will be again blooming with energy!

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home