Friday, August 04, 2006

Why, God, Why?

Because I very rarely have anything to actually do at work (right now, anyway. Apparently in September it gets busy. Sometimes.), I spend quite alot of time clicking on 'Next Blog' on Blogger just to see if I can find anything interesting. I've discovered some pretty interesting blogs this way, and am now an avid reader of a programmer from Seattle who likes hiking, and an American who teaches English in Japan. I have, however, begun to notice certain things, and have a few points to make.

1. I need to learn some other languages, specifically Spanish and Portuguse, just so I can actually read all the blogs that the random button throws up.

2. In a description of who you are, having a picture of your son/daughter instead of yourself and saying that you're their mother doesn't say much about Who You Are.

3. http://patrioticparticipant.blogspot.com/ For f*ck's sake. I am American, and I don't usually try to pretend that I'm not, but this is the blog version of going to a foreign country and thinking that if you talk louder, they'll be able to understand you. I couldn't get past the format to read what the guy was trying to say, my eyes were so...overwhelmed.

4. If I read one more 'And thank you, God, for getting me through this day' I'm going to puke. If that's all you have to say, take it off the net and go to church.

5. If all you are going to do on your blog is whinge about how bad you have it, maybe you should watch the news sometime. Unless you're in America. Where they don't have news, they have press releases from the White House. Because those guys in Lebanon? They have it bad right now.

6. If you are under 20, learn to speak English, if you speak English. I'm all for w00t and j00 when playing games, but having to decipher everything before you can understand it is not the best way to get your message across.

I don't have anything against freedom of expression. After all, that's why I can hold the above opinions. But the crap that is out there is mindblowing. I'm sure someone feels the same way about this, but I like to pretend that they don't. So yeah. Just my 2 cents, or would that be 2 pence?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home