Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Becoming my mother

Saturday was the first nice day we've had in... well, the month of August, really. I'm getting ready to go out, and getting together all the bits I usually take with me - wallet, book, iPod, keys, water bottle, extra book, jumper, umbrella - and trying to find my sunglasses. Something I haven't tried to do in quite some time. I'm moving bits of paper around my room, looking in drawers, and throwing things onto my bed.

Giving up, I shove some of the bits on my bed to the side and sit down.

Crack.

Standing up, I reach under the shirt I'd sat on and see my sunglasses. By sitting on them, I'd broken one of the arms of the glasses off. Holding the glasses in one hand, and the arm in the other, I look back and forth between them. I've finally become my mother.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Does your mother often sit on sunglasses?

7:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Does your Mother often sit on your sunglasses?

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home