Friday, June 13, 2008

Ways to tell it’s June in London

1. The weather wildly fluctuates between around 26’ (I think that’s around 78F) and 10’ (maybe around 50?).

2. It’s inadvisable to leave your house without all of the following:
- Jumper/light coat
- Umbrella
- Water bottle in case tube is warm
- Sunscreen
Should you leave any of these at home, the weather will change depending on which you forgot. No umbrella? It’ll pour down rain. No jumper or coat? The wind will blow as though a hurricane is about to hit.

3. Blindingly white legs at every turn.

4. The second the sun emerges, the parks will instantly be filled by overweight, middle-aged men without shirts and women who have bodies you want to kill them for wearing bikinis.

5. Sunglasses. Regardless of actual sun. It’s summer, and therefore sunglasses must be worn.

6. People beginning to express a confused desire to drink Pimm’s and lemonade.

7. The profound fight my body has with pollen, wherein my body always loses. I think it gives up to easily. We’re not currently talking.

----------------------------------

since feeling is first
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you;

wholly to be a fool
while Spring is in the world

my blood approves,
and kisses are a far better fate
than wisdom
lady i swear by all flowers. Don't cry
--the best gesture of my brain is less than
your eyelids' flutter which says

we are for eachother: then
laugh, leaning back in my arms
for life's not a paragraph

And death i think is no parenthesis

- ee cummings

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee hee. I have blindingly white legs. I've just started wearing my uniform shorts for work, they end about 6" above the knee so my thighs are finally seeing the sun for the first in 27 years pretty much. I also refuse to wear sunscreen, it just feels wrong putting lotion on at 6am, so I'm a veritable colour chart of a postman, a pink head, brown arms and 'lily white' legs as they've been called by the other postmen. If I was stupid enough to start wearing shorts in February, my scrawny legs would have a bit of colour to them too! Anyway I digress.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home