Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Marshmallows

Part of my noticing nature more around me, specifically in the changing of the seasons, is that I'm really, really excited when flowers start blooming. I think there's a part of my brain that shuts down in mid-October, and only kickstarts back to life when I start seeing the crocouses and daffodils popping up under trees and in parks. The only part of living in Wales that I genuinely, truly liked was when all the daffodils shot up in the spring. (It's the Welsh national flower. There were lots of daffodils.) I just get this feeling of so much more hope, and it's easier to get up in the morning. I feel like I'm taking deeper breaths and walking faster with my head up instead of down. It's a nice feeling.

ps. This made everyone in my office stare at me like I was a loon. Incidently, in Britain they pronounce it marsh-mal-low, instead of marsh-mel-low like my family does.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Laing said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Michael Laing said...

Yes, So the dirty daffs are now popping out, not coming out as they did yesterday. I pronounce marsh mellow as marsh mellow and most of the people I know, do to.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home