Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hitting my head against a wall

I'm frustrated. Fantastically, hugely, immensely frustrated.

I've been doing the job-searching dance for over a month now, and nothing's come of it. I've had a few interviews - the best one of which was when my interviewer told me that he'd hire me right then if he didn't have several other interviews later that week...and then I didn't get the position. It's starting to become horrible, and soul destroying, to keep up the energy required to constantly ring and email my recruiters to see if they have anything new, and I'm losing confidence in their ability to get me something.

I know that something will come along, and I'll get out of the place where I'm not appreciated or paid enough, it's just...frustrating. And disheartening. And when I'm sat staring at the screen at a job I'm becoming increasing hateful of, it's hard to summon the motivation to get out of bed in the mornings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie, I understand. I went through a six month job hunt last year, and it was intolerable. Just think how good it will feel to walk out your current office door for the last time. It'll happen -- don't do what I did, though, and take the first thing that comes along out of sheer desperation. ;)

-- Meg, now known as a new blog that she's still failing to update

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home