Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Give me music, or give me...cake?

For the last 5 years living in Britain, I've been in what is essentially a musical vacumn. At first, I didn't own a radio and couldn't get new music except by walking into clothing stores. Then I realized that no station like the ever-loved 'One oh seven point seven, The End' seemed to exist in England or Wales.

All the stations played pop. Sugary sweet, mind numbing, pop.

Now, on certain days in the summer, when super-ab man takes his shirt off in the park, I can handle a bit of pink-pop-confectionary-goodness. But mostly, I want something with guitars in. Hopefully played by at least one of the people that are singing. With a bit of screaming, or a bit of twang. And I simply can't get that over here.

So this is a plea, to the three of you who read this (keeping in mind the guitars, screaming, or twang) - What song can't you get out of your head right now? What CD is stuck in your player? Who have you seen recently that you think is amazing?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Saw Lacuna Coil a couple of months ago and will see Fields of the Nephilim in London next month.

As for songs I never get bored of Happy? by Mudvayne.

Igg

7:26 PM  
Blogger .Wyle.E.Coyote. said...

Floggin Molly

Been in my head since St.Patrick's day. For whatever reason, I feel like drinking a lot of beer, and beating people up. I'm not convinced the two are related though ;)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Michael Laing said...

I have lots of classical in my head at the moment, Stuff like the Kronos Quartet. Also the score from Amilie. I think as I get older my brain is starting to enjoy gentler music more.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Morphine!
Doesn't exactly fit into your requirement, but MORPHINE!
I'm basically all about them right now, specifically Like Swimming. Yum.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home