Tuesday, March 13, 2007

An update on the alien in my throat

For those of you who have been badgering (mushroom! mushroom!) me for information regarding what's happening with my throat, here is the answer:

I have no earthly idea.

After the lovely phone call where someone yelled at me, I waited several weeks to call back. So yesterday, when I did call, I was told that I wasn't on the urgent list but that I was on the normal list (5-12 months instead of 2-3). But that I was also down on their when-someone-
can't-make-it-we-will-phone-you-the-night-before-and-expect-that-you-are-grateful list. When asked when if they would assign me a date in the next 5-12 months, they said no, because I was on the when-someone-can't-make-it list. So they won't give me a date, because another date might open up before my scheduled date.

Riiiiiiight.

I asked when they thought that I might be having surgery. The response?

The beginning of April. So that completely buggers up any and all plans of my mother coming over. Fun for me. I think I might be better stabbing a rusty pen knife in my neck and rooting around until I hit something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Laing said...

We only badger you because we care.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home