Friday, March 09, 2007

You know how us Catholic girls can be...

I was lying in bed last night trying to fall asleep over the incessent wail of someone's car alarm that wouldn't shut up, when my sleep-adled brain suddenly decided that I needed to mentally recite the Our Father. So I'm going along with this, because really all I want to do is fall asleep, and suddenly I can't remember the next line. And I completely panic. I can't remember whatever the line after 'And lead us not into temptation' is. And I'm completely going to fail my test.

Then I remember that I'm no longer in second grade going to communion classes, and really it doesn't matter if I can recited the whole thing because the only time I go to church now is when I'm visiting my family (and my Mom makes me feel guilty) and I can just pretend anyway. Yet all day today, I've been trying to remember the next line and feeling vaguely bad that I can't.

Catholicism scars, man, it scars.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Laing said...

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Just in case it even becomes overwelmingly important. But if there is a god then really it is not going to care that someomen can't remember the Lords prayer and if it did it wouldn't be worth worshiping (oh, I am so going to hell for that comment).

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home