Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Listening to Stevie Nicks is enough to get anyone down

My best friend got in engage not too long ago, and not-so-strangely it's making me think. I'm so happy for her, the bloke is one of the most quality people I have ever met and is definately good enough for her (well, in my book anyway), and I already know that I will, at some point and probably the worst one, end up crying because she deserves to be happy more than anyone that I know.

However, if she is old enough to get married, then that means so am I. My mother is even beginning to hint, not-so-subtly, about when she may be expected to see a ring on my finger. This terrifies me. I still feel like I'm 17, and tomorrow I might call in sick to work so I can go sit in Borders and read all day. ::sigh:: They really should have told you that growing up kinda sucks when you were younger. That way, you could snort pixie stixs until your brain melted and you'd never know the difference.

1 Comments:

Blogger RaggedyMelchior said...

At least you have a boyfriend. My longest relationship is somewhere around five months. I have now committed myself to a life of bachelorhood.
BTW - Bloke? You are now unAmerican. Just so you know.
And "Edge of Seventeen" doesn't get me down. It picks me right the hell up!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home