Saturday, November 19, 2005

Trying to make a cd for my sister that is 11 years younger than me is difficult. Not only is she 11 years younger, but I also haven't really been around pretty much at all for the last 6 years, so in my head she's still 7. Do I use loads of songs that I loved when I was her age? Does she even know who Nirvana are? Does she like them? Or has she been overwhelmed by the idiocy of pop? It depresses me that I don't know her. I look at my best friend and her older brother, and wish that I could have that kind of relationship with J, but since I was stupid and moved to another country that's not going to happen. I talk to her on the phone sometimes, but since I'm worried about the gas bill and if I'm going to have enough for food this week and she's worried about her soccer tournament on Saturday and if Billy-who-sits-next-to-her likes her, I just don't know what to say. Maybe someday I'll figure it out.