Monday, January 08, 2007

One toke over the line, sweet Jesus

I'm getting too old for this.

Matt and I met up with some friends of ours, D and J, this Saturday for 'a drink or two'. I think that D is a bad influence, as 'a drink or two' somehow turns into a night of drunken wandering meeting people named Simon who does something involving millons of pounds and buildings. We went out with the two of them, along with our neighbor, his girlfriend, and J.ie on the 30th and ended up staying out until 4 in the morning. The last time I was did crazy clubbing like this on a semi-regular basis I was either a) visiting home, or b) 5 years younger.

Getting old sucks. I wake up the next day, it feels like a pig shat in my head, a moderate-sized herd of horses are attempting to break free from my stomach, and the light is stabby. Please remind me that after 5 pints a Long Island Iced tea is not what one should be drinking.

But it's also nice to have some people that want to get together and hang out, go drinking, and just have fun with. The social scene is getting much better in London. So now, when people come to vist me (and why haven't you yet, I ask???) know at least 3 crappy clubs, and one or two really excellent pubs, to take them to.

3 Comments:

Blogger Misty said...

nice blog chicklet!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Michael Laing said...

I had that feeling new years day. It does get worse as you get older. Though you tend not to want to drink nearly as much either.

5:23 PM  
Blogger ecogrrl said...

I know! We aren't that old yet...are we??

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home