Tuesday, January 02, 2007

So this is the New Year/ and I don't feel any different

Happy New Year everyone!

I considered returning to my angsty teenage years and posting all the lyrics for Long December by Counting Crows. Then realized that I'm trying to move past that song, so maybe I should post the lyrics from The New Year by Death Cab for Cutie instead.

However, because I'm having a whimsical day today (perhaps due to lack of sleep...) I'm going to think about the good things. Instead of how crap the year was, and how I didn't really get anything accomplished that I really wanted to.

So, 2006. I got my first proper job that wasn't in retail where I was working full-time and not planning to quit when I went back to school. I moved to London. I got to go home and watch my best friend marry the only person I've ever thought might just be good enough for her (you guys rock! ^_^), and who makes her happy every day. One of my sisters finished her basic training, and is finally happy with what she is doing. I got to know my youngest sister a bit better, and that makes my life a better place. I made some new friends, and got to see some old friends, and said goodbye to some friends that needed to be said goodbye to. I got a better job, and then got promoted to a more interesting one. I started thinking about my book again, and decided that 2007 is the year it's going to be sent off to publishers.

So all in all, I think it was a good year. Hope you all thought so too.

1 Comments:

Blogger ecogrrl said...

Happy New Year! Please pardon my inconsistent posts right now. You know how it goes.

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home