Monday, December 04, 2006

Red Dirt Girl

I read a post on Treehugger today about a guy who, after graduating, spent 4 years cycling around the world.

And I looked around my flat, and just wanted to go out, buy a bike, and go. Just leave everything. I wonder, sometimes, how these people do it. They just seem to pick up and go. No money, no job, nothing. How? And why can't I seem to do it? I always end up stuck somewhere with credit card debt and bills to pay. I wish, just for once, I could just. Go.

Moving to Britain wasn't like that. I was leaving for so many reasons, and none of them were anything I really wanted to admit to at the time. I think it would actually have been better for me to buy a campervan and drive around for a few years, just stopping and working where the urge took me.

People are always saying that it's never too late. But sometimes it is. It's too late to go back and change decisions you've made, and you just have to live with them. It's too late to get in that campervan and just....go. But I think that I really, really, want to.

1 Comments:

Blogger RaggedyMelchior said...

That last paragraph is bullshit. As your friend, I feel an obligation to point that out.
It's one thing if you're happy with what you've got, which is the impression I normally get from you.
But if you're not, it's never, ever too late.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home