Sunday, January 15, 2006

"I want to fly/ shipwrecked and comatose/ drinking fresh/ mango juice..."

Last Wednesday, I was presented with a huge dilemna. Watch the back-to-back last two episodes in season one of Lost(mmmmm, Sawyer...), which I have been addicted to since it started airing over here, or watch a promising new BBC show called Hyperdrive. I decided to go with Lost, even though I knew that they would be showing it again on Sunday (because they need to really get their money out of it) and didn't think that they'd be showing Hyperdrive again.

Well, come this evening, I found that I was luckly and obviously the BBC thinks that Hyperdrive is going to be a great hit as it was playing again today. Except...well...it's a bit crap. It's a show about a British space ship, set in the future, and the crew that is on the ship. Forgive me, but wasn't there a series called Red Dwarf some years back that sounded similar? Hyperdrive is different because a) All the crew seem to be alive, and b) They actually meet up with aliens. Otherwise, their ship looks surprisingly similar, they're not nearly as funny, and I'm not as taken with the characters. I feel quite let down, because I really wanted it to be good! I'm planning to keep watching though, as there's always the chance that it will get better, as I don't think it can get any worse. Hmmm...looking at that statement, I think that maybe I've been here a bit to long...

3 Comments:

Blogger RaggedyMelchior said...

Sawyer? Really? Sorry, it's all about Jin.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Michael Laing said...

Firefly and Serenity are some of the best science fiction out at the moment. The film is even better than the TV series. I have been watching hte new battlestar Galactica and think it is cool, series two looks really good with an even bigger battlestar.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Michael Laing said...

oops, that last comment was meant to be written in the last thread. I wasn't to impressed with Hyperdrive but the first series of Red Dwarf wasn't great.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home