Monday, January 19, 2009

The most depressing day of the year

Today is, apparently, the most depressing day of the year. Admittedly, it didn't start out well - I woke up to pissing down rain thrashing wildly against my window. However...

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. We've passed the Solstice, the days are getting longer and soon it will not be dark both to and from my way to work.

2. I got to go for long walks on the beach this last weekend, and there is nothing to make you feel serene like listening to the waves break on the shore.

3. I don't think I've ever felt more optimistic going into a new year.

4. My knitting is going wonderfully, and I have yarn I want to snuggle up to and call pet names.

5. This month, I'll have gotten to see almost all of my favourite people - something fantastically difficult when half of them are on different continents. This is amazing, and I want it to happen more often.

6. I don't know how else to say it, but I'm just... happy. Generally happy. Overall.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot - Bush is out of the office tomorrow!! (This should be under reasons to be ecstatic this year!!)

::happy dance::

4:36 AM  
Blogger Michael Laing said...

Good :D

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moi! Moi! Moi! You get to see moi soon! :oD Miss you Brooke!

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home