Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Distracted

Bank holiday weekends always throw me. Having that expected day off, one where you're not calling in sick because you simply can't be bothered to go to work but are actually getting paid to lounge around and do nothing, seems to make the rest of the week unbalanced.

This one was particularly bad, as it felt like I started drinking at noon on Saturday and didn't stop until this morning when I woke up. First there was the Reading Beer Festival, at which I drank some excellent British ale in very good company and ate entirely too many pork scratchings (strangely addicting). A Quick Minute had a gig in Kilburn that evening, which was dutifully attended and many new people were met - the bar was also open until 4 a.m., and this fact was very much taken advantage of. Sunday I got out of bed stupidly early for not falling asleep until 4 a.m., and a gin-soaked 4 a.m. at that, to trek (and I really do mean trek) across London for the Grand Designs Home Show which was more than cool. Even if the thing that I remember the most and am planning to invest in was the Thunder Toffee Vodka table. Sunday night, the plan was to sit around and watch some telly and eat some food. Instead, we ended up at the Belushi's in Shepard's Bush beginning at about six, as there was more live music. Then closed the bar. Monday afternoon (because, let's face it, there wasn't any way I was getting up early after the previous two nights) was spent watching 'Night at the Museum' with Ben Stiller (surprisingly good film, actually) and then, surprise, going down to a pub to both drink more and listen to more live music.

Fantastic weekend. Now I'll just need several days to recover from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home