Friday, March 21, 2008

Drowning

Things have been a bit crazy the last few weeks. I'm in France at the moment, spending some time with the most important person in my life and having unexpected (but very nice) things happen daily. As I'm in France, I thought that I should stay with the theme of this last week or so (and no, the theme is not 'As much wine as you can possibly consume', although it certainly feels like it is).

----------

I Live, I Die, I Burn, I Drown

I live, I die, I burn, I drown
I endure at once chill and cold
Life is at once too soft and too hard
I have sore troubles mingled with joys

Suddenly I laugh and at the same time cry
And in pleasure many a grief endure
My happiness wanes and yet it lasts unchanged
All at once I dry up and grow green

Thus I suffer love's inconstancies
And when I think the pain is most intense
Without thinking, it is gone again.

Then when I feel my joys certain
And my hour of greatest delight arrived
I find my pain beginning all over once again.

by Louise Labe

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. I love the poem.I'm really glad you're here with me this week.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kisses, my sweet!
Never forget to breathe <3

-Erin

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home