Friday, January 04, 2008

So this is the New Year...

Hi. Wow. It's been a rather long time, hasn't it?

We're now a few days into 2008, and I feel very much like that kid who's new at the pool. You know, the one that has the water wings on her arms, and has had a few swimming lessons but isn't confident yet, and who certainly wouldn't jump in the deep end. Just dipping her toe in the water, and waving it around a bit.

2007 was pretty awful. I had the alien in my throat, I had surgery to get rid of the alien in my throat, I had weird energy and mood swings, and in general it was a pretty awful year. But, as ever at this time of year, it's been a long december and there's reason to believe that maybe this year will be better than the last.

So. What do I want to do this year?

Stand on my own two feet, and know that no one can push me over. Live well, and within my own means. Find a job that challenges me, and that pays me what I think I'm worth. Make a plan about where I think I want to be, location-wise, in five years and what I might need to do to make that happen.

I've got a good feeling about this one. I think it'll be a good year.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Laing said...

Go for it girl :D. When are you back in the this country?

6:45 AM  
Blogger ecogrrl said...

I'm hoping for a good year here, too. Let's both go for it. :)

Oh, I have a new blog now -- let me know if you want the info. Both are similar, but one covers issues I don't really want family to read.

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home