Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Journey to the great Londinium

Well, it's finally happened. I had a job interview in London today at an agency, which means that I now have three interviews for proper jobs on Friday. I'm hoping, potentially in vain, that I'll get to go up to my manager on next Monday morning and say, while trying to control my glee and my impulse to flee the building immediately, and tell her that I've gotten a job and that I'm leaving in a week. All the things I'm interviewing for are amazingly above what I'm earning right now - at least £4,000 a year more, if not more than that. And they'll all be off the phone, and I'll finally be making enough to have real clothes, and it'll be in London.

I bought a copy of Time Out (a magazine that essentially is a list of what is happenning, and where, each week in London) today to look through on my train trip back to Blandford, and was amazed at the sheer number of free things that were happening. There are free concerts in parks, free films, free loads of things. It might be a dirty, grimy, city full of grey buildings, but there's just such an energy!

Anyway. I'm moving to London. It's real. I feel almost like I did when it was getting time for me to move to Britain. It's fantastic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home