Sunday, June 25, 2006

A quarter of a centuary

I'm 25 today. This is difficult to believe because most of my brain is still convinced that I'm 16 and don't really need to worry about the bills, I can spend that money on CDs. Yesterday Matt and I trekked into Bournemouth to go shopping with some gift certificates his dad was giving me early so that I could buy some clothes for an interview I have in Londinium on Wednesday next week. We went out for Chinese for lunch, went shopping, and then went to see X-men 3 (which was not as good as it could have been). It was fun, especially since we haven't been able to go out much recently, mostly due to a cash flow problem but also because we now live in the middle of nowhere.

I'd had a dream on Friday night that is one of the ones that you hope so desperately will come true, even though you know it won't, that you can't help but hold onto it and hope against hope in the back of your mind that it will happen. I dreamed that I was walking down the street, and someone behind me tapped me on the shoulder to get my attention. I turn around, and stare in disbelief because R. is standing there, grinning like an idiot. And we go out for coffee, and we talk for hours. So what I really want for my birthday? Coffee with my best friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home