Thursday, April 02, 2009

Mov'ed

I recently moved house, both to in order to save money (I had ignored that what I was paying at my old flat was ludicrous for entirely too long) and because, frankly, my old flatmate, as lovely as she was, was sending me down the line of poking a pencil in my eye to escape.

So, a new place. I’m living with friends, which is great – it’s been a very long time since I actively looked forward to going home in addition to hoping that people would be there instead of out for the evening – but it’s also a very interesting situation as there are, essentially, four people currently living in a two-bedroom flat. (The story behind this is long and arduous, and not entirely bloggable.)

There are some things I’ve noticed though:

1. My roommate’s alarm clock goes off sometime after 6am and sometime before 6.15am. I’m not sure when, exactly, because the clock is running on time of its own imagining. The alarm clock has the intended effect…on me. Being terrified out of sleep by the radio coming on halfway through ACDC’s Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock and Roll) actually turns out to be a fantastic way to start your day. Although I could do with less terror. It’s also nice to have a radio station playing music I like, instead of music I want to throttle to make cease, playing in the morning. It has, however, had the effect of making songs stick in my head all day. All day.

2. I’ve never properly lived with people who smokes in their house. I’ve dated smokers, but they always smoked outside. I’ve been at parties where people smoked inside, and I used to go to nightclubs where the air was full of smoke. I even smoked for a while (although never in the house/flat/room I was living in).
I do not like it. I think that I can handle it for a while – hopefully it won’t be long until we move to a house like we’d planned, and at that point the smoking inside will cease. If we’re where we are for more than a month though, I’m going to have to say something. I am the minority, as out of the four of us I am the only one who doesn’t smoke, but don’t know how long I can live in perpetual smog. And smelling of said smog.

All together though, I’m much happier sleeping on an air mattress on the floor in a room I’m sharing with someone than I was before – which is always a good thing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home