Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cachoeira


Pattern: Cachoeira
Needles: 2.5mm
Yarn: Yarn Pirate Merino sock yarn, in a colourway that I've lost the tag for
Photoshoot: Opposite Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, across the Thames from St Paul's Cathedral. All pictures taken by my long-suffering boyfriend, who found being stared at by the tourists a novel experience.



I really, really enjoyed knitting these.

I cast them on while away from the majority of my knitting stuff, and had simply grabbed my usual sock needles - 2.5mm circulars - along with the pattern and the yarn. 72 stitches around is waaaay too much for my legs and feet on 2.5s, so I decided to decrease down to 64 stitches around over the course of three pattern repeats on the leg. I really liked the end result, with the 'waves' on the sides of the leg for the last three pattern repeats just touching at the end.



This was also my first attempt at something I'm planning to make a theme for the next year, which is to actually photograph my knitting in an interesting manner. Whether that means an interesting backdrop, or simply making the effort to take proper pictures of the finished object, it makes no difference - I just want to get them photographed!

So, last weekend, while I was down near Borough Market on the Southbank, I directed my boyfriend in taking these. I think they're a pretty good start.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous emmms said...

I really like these! Great colour.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Auglaise said...

Thanks very much! :) I'm completely addicted to Yarn Pirate now - she's got beautiful semi-solids.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Anna Ambrose said...

Oooh, I love these! I also love the color. =D

-Anna
www.youtube.com/AnnaLovesVlogging

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home